Transients are a form of caching that happens on the server, instead of browser caching. It should be used to store any data that is expected to expire, or which can expire at any time. it should also never be assumed to be in the database, since they may not be stored there at all.
Three Components of Transients :
- Key: A small text to identify the organism.
- Value: A Php Variable
- Lifespan: Amount of time the organism is alive.
Transients are like cookies. Cookies are stored in the user’s browser whare as transients are stored in the WordPress Database, and can store different types of data, more secure, and easily programmable with the transients API.
What is Transients Manager?
Transients Manager is a developer’s tool that provides a UI to manage your site’s transients. You can view, search, edit, and delete transients using this plugin. A toolbar option is also provided that allows you to suspend transient updates to help with testing and debugging.
It’s an Open Source Software to manage transients without any knowledge of code.
Manage and Delete Transients using TransientsManager
- Install and Active Transients Manager
- Visit Tools->Transients page to view and manage transients.
- Edit/Delete individual transients here
You can delete the following categories,
- Expired transients
- All transients with an expiry date
- All transients
Features of Transients Manager
- View all transients in database
- Edit the value, name, and expiration of any transient
- Delete any transient
- Search transients by name