Version 4.3 of WordPress, named “Billie” in honor of jazz singer Billie Holiday, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. New features in 4.3 make it even easier to format your content and customize your site.
MENUS IN THE CUSTOMIZER
Create your menu, update it, and assign it, all while live-previewing in the customizer. The streamlined customizer design provides a mobile-friendly and accessible interface. With every release, it becomes easier and faster to make your site just the way you want it.
WordPress 4.3 is go faster in writing speed with new formatting shortcuts. Use asterisks to create lists and number signs to make a heading. No more breaking your flow; your text looks great with a * and a #.
Site icons represent your site in browser tabs, bookmark menus, and on the home screen of mobile devices.
WordPress 4.3 provide more security for you site. Instead of receiving passwords via email, you’ll get a password reset link. When you add new users to your site or edit a user profile, WordPress will automatically generate a secure password.
- A smoother admin experience – Refinements to the list view across the admin make your WordPress more accessible and easier to work with on any device.
- Comments turned off on pages – All new pages that you create will have comments turned off. Keep discussions to your blog, right where they’re supposed to happen.
- Customize your site quickly – Wherever you are on the front-end, you can click the customize link in the toolbar to swiftly make changes to your site.
In addition to the security fixes, WordPress 4.3.1 contains fixes for 26 bugs from 4.3, including:
- Taxonomy: Arguments switched in wp_batch_split_terms Cron Job in Version 4.3 #33423
- TinyMCE: Plugin wplink throw js TypeError: editor.wp undefined #33393
- Customizer: Focusing a control outside of a panel when a panel is open results in a blank screen with no navigation back #33396
- Users: Feature detect best event to use on password fields #33398
- Users: Creating a new user without a password causes error message issues #33406
- Customizer: remove_panel(‘nav_menus’) action generates errors #33411
- Customize: JS error when uploading small image as Site Icon and electing to Skip Cropping #33417
- Users: Cancelling password update on user-profile fails #33419
- Customizer: Toggling customizer controls based on another control does not work anymore in Version 4.3 #33428
- Text Changes: Fix Period Position in wp-admin/about.php #33429
- Widgets: Not displayed if no $instance data is set #33442
- Taxonomy: wp_dropdown_categories doesn’t respect show_option_all #33452
- Database: wpdb class method get_table_from_query() malfunctions if table name contains a dash (-) #33470
- Upgrade/Install: After upgrade to Version 4.3 unable to update plugins. #33480
- Users: Documented $public_only parameter not passed to the get_usernumposts filter #33481
- Upgrade/Install: Comments for Version 4.3 to be default “off” for pages but 1 remains #33490
- Comments: Bug in Comment Quick Edit in smaller screen #33596
- TinyMCE: Visual Editor freezing when multiple HTML tables are added to the post #33617
- Formatting: wpautop breaks HTML comments #33645
- Users: wp_new_user_notification breaking change. #33654
- Customizer: Shift-clicking a widget in the preview doesn’t move focus #33695
- Administration: Password label not focussing password field when clicked #33778
- TinyMCE: Update to 4.2.5 #33782
- Networks and Sites: “Attribute content to” dropdown missing when deleting a user in network admin #33811
- Users: Import global $wp_hasher in wp_new_user_notification #33826