Drupal is a content management system which allows you to create and maintain many different types of websites without needing to know any coding languages.
Drupal 8.0.0 was released on 19/11/2015. This is the biggest update ever to Drupal.
Here are just a few of the hundreds of improvements in Drupal 8:
- In-context, what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editing and previews
- Comprehensive content modeling out of the box with entities, fields, and views
- Customization of content pages and even forms and administrative pages via the administrative interface
- Full translatability and localization out of the box
- Reliable configuration management for safe and straightforward deployment of changes between environments
- Mobile-first, responsive, HTML5 output
- REST-first native web services
- Enhanced accessibility and WAI-ARIA compliance
- Modern PHP standards and practices, with integration of popular libraries such as Composer, Symfony2, Guzzle, and Twig
- Significantly improved front-end performance out of the box
- Enhanced caching and best-of-class integration with CDNs and reverse proxies
- Full compatibility with PHP7, and the PostgreSQL and SQLite databases.